Indiana INTERNnet is now accepting nominations for the 12th annual IMPACT Awards, an annual celebration of internship excellence! We encourage you to complete the online nomination form, and share how this person is committed to internship excellence and how he or she has made an IMPACT! Deadline for nominations is October 20, 2017.
Have a question about the nominations process or awards luncheon? Check out answers to our frequently asked questions for IMPACT Awards. If you have any additional questions, please contact Karissa Rector (firstname.lastname@example.org).
What are the awards categories?
- Intern of the Year (3)
- High School
- *High school and college interns must be enrolled in school during the time of their internship in 2017. Non-Traditional category is for an intern who was not an enrolled student at the time of the internship or was 26 years old or older during the internship.
- Career Development Professional of the Year (1)
- *This individual must be a full-time employee of an Indiana academic institution.
- Employer of the Year (2)
- For Profit
- *Organizations must be located in Indiana.
Can I nominate a previous nominee or winner?
- Yes, previous nominees and winners can be nominated for multiple years.
When is the deadline?
- Nominations for all categories must be submitted by October 20, 2017, 5 p.m. EST.
What should I expect after submitted a nomination?
- You will receive a confirmation email once we have received and reviewed your submission. If you do not receive confirmation within two business days, please contact Karissa Rector.
- Nominees will be notified of their nomination by early December.
Can I make changes to my entry once it is submitted?
- Once your nomination has been submitted, you will not be able to make changes on the online form. If there is a major change (name, employment status, etc.), please contact Karissa Rector immediately.
What advice do you have for applying for an award/honor?
- Each category has specific criteria that judges will reflect on as they are choosing winners. We encourage you to include stories, facts, measurements and the significance of your nominee’s impact. The narrative should be 1,000 words or less. You should double check to make sure everything is spelled correctly.
Who judges the awards?
- A panel of impartial judges review and score the nominations. Most of the judges are Indiana INTERNnet Board Members, however it is not a requirement.
Where can I find a list of past winners?
- The list of past winners can be found on the IMPACT Awards webpage: https://indianaintern.net/impact-awards/archive.
What will nominees/winners receive?
- Each nominee will be announced during the program, receive a nomination certificate and will be photographed with the keynote speaker (if attending the luncheon). Certificates will be mailed to those who are unable to attend.
- Winners will be announced during the program, and will receive an engraved award and a digital badge to display on websites, marketing materials, social media sites, etc. The winners also be featured in a press release, blog posts, nominations webpage, newsletter and BizVoice Magazine.
How much does it cost to attend the luncheon?
- Individual registrations are $50 per person. We cannot guarantee seating locations for individuals. However, we will try to seat you near your fellow company or school members as best we can. If you are nominating an Intern of the Year, you will be responsible for purchasing their ticket to the luncheon. Registrations will be accepted soon.
- Sponsorships are available, starting at $750. Each package includes seating and admission for eight guests at a table designed for the organization. Contact email@example.com for more information.
What should I wear?
- We recommend business or business casual attire for this special event.
What should I do if have any dietary restrictions or other special needs?
- If you have accessibility or dietary needs, please call (317) 264-7535 or email firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to the event.
When and where is the IMPACT Awards Luncheon?
- The 12th annual awards luncheon will be held on February 7, 2018 at 11:30 a.m. in the Ivy Tech Corporate College and Culinary Center (2820 N Meridian St, Indianapolis, IN 46208). Free parking is available in the lot to the south of the venue and the parking garage across 28th Street.
What if I am unable to attend the luncheon?
- Tickets are non-refundable, but fully transferable. If a weather/snow emergency is declared in Marion County, the luncheon will be cancelled or postponed. This information will be posted on www.IndianaINTERN.net.